According to a shopper in Jind district Haryana, he went to an authorised shop selling Baba Ramdev’s Patanjali Atta noodles, and bought a packet, believing it was a healthy food. He was taken aback when he cooked the noodles the next day and found dead worms in the dish. He checked inside the packet that still had some noodles in it and he saw worms inside as well. He immediately went to the outlet to register his complaint.
The shop owner confirmed the incident and said when he learned about the contaminated noodles he stopped selling them and informed the wholesaler.
The Patanjali Atta noodles drew media attention as it was introduced when Nestle India’s popular instant Maggi noodles were reinstated on shop shelves after a 5 month ban. Yoga guru Ramdev had introduced his noodles hoping to capture the noodles market by branding his noodles as healthier and more affordable.